Daughter's Eulogy

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Queen for a Day!


When Lori and I were in the beauty shop with mom last week, mom said, “Jerome took a picture of me while he was here.  He took my profile.”
“Really a profile shot?”
“Yes, I thought it came good.  Did you see it?”
“No, mom, I did not see the photo.”
“You showed him the pictures you took of me.”
“Yes, because I put them on the blog.  So he can see them there.”
“On the computer . . .?”
“Yes, I put your pictures on the computer.”
“Julienne can take your profile shot for the blog,” Lori suggested.
“I don’t want anybody upset.”
“Upset about what mom?"


“About you both taking the same photo . . .”

“I think it will be OK.  Jerome does not blog.”


After taking a few profile photos for mom and having her choose which photo she liked best for the blog, I asked mom where she would like to go for lunch.
“Julienne, Lori’s our guest.  Where does she want to go?”
“I’ll go wherever you want to go.  It does not matter to me," Lori answered.
“Mom, how about Portillo’s for a beef sandwich or a hot dog?  Lori has never had a Chicago Hot Dog.”
“Really, it doesn’t matter to me. Gilda, you pick.”
“You’re the guest, Lori, you choose.”
Joanne* piped in, “Gilda, you got your hair done and now they want you to choose where you want to go for lunch.  You are pretty lucky.”
Lori spoke up, “Gilda, it is your day.  You are ‘Queen for Today’ so you pick.”
“OK! OK! Let’s eat a beef sandwich!”

1 comment:

  1. How special your mom must feel.
    You are doing great things for her.

    ReplyDelete