Daughter's Eulogy

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No Longer Haunted



Yesterday when I saw mom, she had a warm smile on her face.  She had just gotten her nails clipped. She was happy because she said her nails were catching on everything.  Mom’s smile was a welcome relief to how I was greeted last Friday when I initially saw her. 


Mom is no longer complaining of her eyelid itching.    The infection on her eyelid is continuing to improve. Her eyelid only appears to have a small bump now. 

Mom’s first comment to me last Friday when she saw me was that “Diarrhea was haunting her!”  Although her situation was anything but funny, the way she expressed her situation was humorous.

We spent much of our conversation discussing the benefits of eating a banana.  Mom kept asking me, “So how often should I eat a banana?” 

“How about eating a banana every other day?”

She replied, “How about once a month?” 

“Mom, why would you only want to eat a banana once a month?”

“I don’t want to be constipated.”

 “Why don’t you try and eat a banana at least once a week?”

“I’ll ask my nurse.”

“Sounds like a good program mom.”

That was the last I heard about the banana debate.  Thank goodness that issue appears to be resolved and life is good again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment