Daughter's Eulogy

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Go Back to Bed


When mom first saw me last Friday she said, “I have to tell you what happened this morning.”

‘What happened, mom?”

“I woke up and I called an aide.  I told her my daughter’s coming to pick me up.  I am going to get my hair done and go out for lunch. ”

I said, “You’re right, Mom. Today is beauty shop day.”

“The aide told me ‘Your daughter’s not coming no one’s coming.  You’re not going anywhere except back to bed.  Close your eyes and go back to sleep.’”

“What time did you wake up?”

“The clock said 3 o’clock.”

“Mom, I pick you up at 10:30AM. What was the hurry this morning?”

“I don’t know.  When I woke up, I was confused.”

“When you went to bed last night, you probably thought about getting your hair done and going out for lunch.  You might have even dreamed that you did not want to miss it.  So when you woke up you were ready to go.”

“I guess so.”

No comments:

Post a Comment