Daughter's Eulogy

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Don’t Blame the Gum

 

Yesterday when I was with mom, she said, “Julienne, take your gum home it made me sick.”

“What gum are you talking about?”

“The new one you just brought me this week.”
 

“I ate honey chicken yesterday. The food didn’t agree with me so I put gum in my mouth.       I felt worse.”

“Did your stomach hurt?”

“Yes!”

“Did you throw up?”

“No!  I didn’t feel good.”

“You thought the food didn’t agree with you then you put the gum in your mouth. Why did you do that if you were not feeling good?”

“I thought I would feel better.”

 “How many pieces did you put in your mouth?”

“Two.”

“Normally you only take one piece. Maybe two pieces was too fruity for you especially after not feeling right.”

“You’re right.”

“Try to chew the gum again sometime. I don’t think it was the gum. It might have been the combination of the honey chicken and the gum did not mix well. ”

 “Could be”

“Mom, I like this gum; you might really like the gum.  Try it once more when you are feeling good.”

“Not now.”

“No problem, mom, maybe another day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment