Daughter's Eulogy

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Every Picture Tells a Story


Recently, Jamie and I met for lunch at our usual dining place, Panera’s.  I saw him walk in with a box, but I was so happy to see him that I did not initially question him.  We often bring things when we meet for lunch to show the other person so bringing something to our lunch was not unusual.

Time flies by fast during our lunch because we each have so much we want to share.  We try to make the most of our time and not forget to update each other on what is new in our lives.

As we were about to leave, Jamie asked me to open the box. Before I did, he said, “I know the last thing you need in your life is another picture frame, but Tracy saw this one and thought you should have it.”

My curiosity was aroused.  As I pulled out the picture frame and saw the frame, I could feel chills throughout my arms.  The frame has an ornate pewter metal with a ceramic stone labeled ‘MOM & ME’.  You can imagine how special this gift is to me. 

I said, “You are right, Ron and I have a zillion picture frames.  I would never have guessed that I needed another one.  However, the picture frame is just the one my collection was missing.  This beautiful frame means the world to me and I will treasure it for years to come. ”

I was anxious to look through my recent photos to find the perfect photo to put in the frame.  Ron helped me choose the recent Portillo’s luncheon. 
 
 

Mom and I are making the most of our time together; this picture frame will always be a reminder for me of our final chapter.  I have a sincere loving picture of 'Mom and Me'.  The frame sits to the left of my computer and will always be my writing muse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment