Daughter's Eulogy

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Karaoke Mom

Yesterday Ron went to visit mom. He found her in the activities room singing karaoke.  He said there were twelve ladies in the room.  Nine of the ladies were sleeping or dozing off.  Two of the ladies were singing.   Mom was listening and watching. 

Then they started to play tunes from South Pacific.  Ron said, “Mom, I’ll sing if you sing.”  They both started singing I’m gonna wash that man right out of my hair.

Before Ron left, he had received my text which read:  Please give mom a big hug and kiss before you leave.  Ron showed Mom my note.  She smiled and said, “She is something else.”

“She’s your daughter.”

Then Ron took out his camera. Mom laughed, “Not you, too.  Julienne, is always taking pictures of me.”



“Mom, I’m going to send your picture to her.”

“Tell her I said Hi and that I love her.”

“I’ll text her along with your photo.”


No comments:

Post a Comment