Daughter's Eulogy

Friday, July 6, 2012

God's Smiling



As I was helping mom back in my car, I heard her whispering.
“Mom, are you talking to me.  I am sorry; I cannot hear you.”
“Julienne, I am praying.  I pray for all God’s children; I pray for our family that everyone is well; and I pray for all the sick people at The Community*.”
I smiled a huge smile and said, “Mom, that is a beautiful prayer.  God loves when you pray.”
“I don’t remember to pray every day like I used to.”
“Mom, that’s Ok.  Pray when you remember.”
“Julienne, everyone here needs prayers.  Some of these people are very sick."


"Yes, mom, I agree some people at The Community* are very sick.  I'm glad you are praying for them."


 "Will you pray for them, too?"
“Yes, mom, I will.”
Just then mom bowed her head and spoke louder this time so I could hear her, “Lord, please help everyone and me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment