Daughter's Eulogy

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bad Dreams


“Lately, I have been having bad dreams.”


“Mom, what are your dreams about?”

 “I keep having the same dream over and over again.”

“Mom, tell me about your dream.”

“They are trying to take me to church; I don’t want to go.”

“Who are they?”

“I don’t know.”

“What happens in your dream?”

“They force me to go into church.”

“What happens then?”

“I wake up in a daze.  I don’t know where I am.”

“Julienne, it’s the same weird feeling when I woke up in the hospital and I didn’t know where I was.”

“Mom, you always liked going to church!”

“I know, but for some reason in my dream I don’t want to go.”

“When you go to sleep, try to remember that you always liked going to church. Maybe you won’t be afraid next time.  Try to think happy thoughts before you go to bed.”

“I’ll try.”

No comments:

Post a Comment