Daughter's Eulogy

Friday, June 8, 2012

Possessions Don’t Matter



Yesterday when I went to visit my mom, I saw that The Community* was hosting their annual garage sale this weekend.  The garage sale is a fundraiser for The Community*.  I had mixed emotions.  This year’s garage feeling made me happy and made me cry.  I was happy that we were able to donate so much of my mom’s items and furniture to support them.   However, I could not bear to go and see her stuff out on display. I felt sad that she can no longer use them. I was back there today to take my mom for her haircut and once again I avoided going over. I want to remember her things the way she had them in her room. 

The old saying, “He or she who dies with the most things win” seems like the worse saying to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment