Daughter's Eulogy

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bears Colors

 

Friday walking into The Community* was like a pep rally before a big game.  Most of the staff was wearing Bears colors for the Bears Opening Game on Sunday. For the past week there has been a flyer posted in the elevator asking everyone to wear blue and orange on Friday.  I knew I would be back on Friday, but I never gave the theme day a second thought.
Prior to arriving there to take mom to the beauty shop, I did not remember about their request to support the Bears.  However somewhere in my subconscious, their suggestion must have become engraved in my mind. 
When I walked in everyone who saw me commented that I was wonderful to participate.  The truth is a cold front came in the night before making our weather forecast for Friday in the low 70s a perfect day for blue jeans and a light top. Wearing those colors were just meant to be.
To my surprise mom was also wearing Bears colors.
 
 

 “Mom you are supporting the Bears.”

“What do you mean?”

“You are wearing an orange turtleneck and navy pants.  Those are the Bears football colors.”

“Julienne, I don’t know their colors.  She dressed me like this.”

“Mom, you look adorable.”

On Sunday after the Bears defeated the Colts with a score of 41 vs. 21, I remembered mom in her Bears colors . . . just maybe her unintentional support brought them good luck.  I would like to think that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment