Daughter's Eulogy

Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Perfect Sweetest Day


Last Sunday when Ron and I went to visit mom we found her feeling and looking much better than previously last Thursday.  On our way to see her we noticed that the ice cream parlor was open.  I asked mom if she had a taste for ice cream that Ron would go and bring each of us back a cone.  She suggested we all go for a walk, so we did.  Once we had our cones, we sat in the Garden Room while we ate them. 

Ron and I talked about seeing Michael yesterday when we went to his soccer game.  I showed her the picture of Michael that we took at his game.  She was sorry to hear that Michael had broken his nose and two front teeth during one of his games.  We said Michael looks great now.  He is doing fine; she smiled and shook her head, “Good”.


On our way back as we passed mom’s room, I slipped in mom’s room to find another top for mom to wear so I could take her soiled jacket home to wash.  Mom said, “I really like that jacket.” 
“I will bring the red jacket next time I see you mom.”
 
While selecting a red sweater for mom, I noticed there was an additional package of adult diapers.   I glanced at the package and saw that the size was large.  Not again.  Although mom still had her two packages of medium diapers from last Thursday that she has been wearing, I was confused how these additional adult diaper packages keep finding their way to mom’s top shelf.  I immediately grabbed the size large and brought them to the nurses’ station when we walked back there. 

I talked to mom’s nurse because mom mentioned she had not been sleeping well.  I asked if there was something they could give mom to help her sleep. Her nurse was going to check with mom’s doctor on Monday morning.  When I turned my head, Ron was making mom laugh.  We stayed a while,  hugged and kissed and left.


On the way home, Ron and I stopped at the grocery store.  This day was the most fun I have had in the grocery store.  Due to my air boot, I drove one of those driving grocery carts.  Ron thought I was going to take down a display in my efforts to shop, but I proved him wrong.


Once we left Ron made a surprise stop at one of my favorite places, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory where he returned to our car with a mummy taffy apple made of white chocolate and peanut butter. 
 

Visiting Mom, going grocery shopping and eating a Mummy Taffy Apple . . . a perfect Sweetest Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment