Daughter's Eulogy

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fashion Savvy


Visiting mom this week, she was excited to tell me that she took all three of her children to the gazebo and her fishing pond. 

“Jerome sent me the photo of you both at the fishing pond.”

“Do you have it?”  Mom asked.

“Yes, I will see if that photo is on my phone.”

“I want to see it.”


“Here I have the photo,” I showed mom the photo.

“Nice photo . . . Debbie took it.”

“I know you like photos.”

“Look at my shoes,” mom raised her feet.


“Those are pretty.  Are they comfortable?”

“I think so.  Take a picture.”

“No problem; I’m happy to take a photo of your shoes.” Mom knows that I take a picture of almost everything with regard to her.  She feels a strong part of our story and our blog.  After I took the photo I showed her the photo and she said, “I like them”.

“Good mom, Jerome and Debbie will be happy to hear that you like their Mother’s Day gift.”

“Let’s go to my room.”

I wheeled mom to her room. When I opened her closet, mom said, “Did you tell Jamie to buy me turtlenecks?”
 
“No, mom, Jamie and Tracy bought them for you for a Mother’s Day gift.”

“Look at all of them.”

“Nice colors, mom.”

“I’m not here for a fashion show.”

“Mom, your children want you to look good.  That’s a good thing, right mom?”

“I guess so.”

“Mom Sunday is Mother’s Day.  Ron and I would like to come here, spend time, and eat lunch with you.  I’ll make whatever you have a taste for?”      

“What about the others?” mom asked.

“Jerome’s family will be in Marco.  They are all leaving right after Michael’s Graduation.”

“Are you going to Michael’s Graduation?”

“Yes, mom, Ron and I will be there. His graduation starts at 9AM Saturday.”

“Tell Michael:  I love him and I’m proud of him.”

“I will, mom, but next time you see Michael you can tell him.”

“I will if I don’t forget,” mom smiled.

“You will remember.”

“What about Jamie and Tracy?”

“I will call Jamie and ask if they would like to join us for lunch Sunday.”

“Good.”

“What would you like us to bring for lunch?”

“Chicken wings”

“What else would you like with them?”

“Just chicken wings!”

“We can make that happen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment