Daughter's Eulogy

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Work in Progress


Friday, May 4, 2012, I needed a day of rejuvenation.  The Compass Church which is Ron and my place of worship was hosting a one-day simulcast called Chick-fil-A Leadercast.  The simulcast hosted many great speakers such as Tim Tebow, Urban Meyer, John Maxwell, Andy Stanley, Soledad O’Brien, Angela Ahrendts, and so many more. 


The description read:  The choices you make define the leader you become.  Your choices can have a positive impact on your organization, your community, and beyond.   I took 'the beyond' to mean relationships. 

Most days when I leave spending time with mom at her nursing home, I am mentally and physically drained.    Many people have said that  caregivers need to take care of themselves, in order to help others.  Some mind and body therapy was needed to insure my overall good health.  

A special quote from Marcus Buckingham that seemed to resonate with me is “No one will ever say I am completely finished learning".  Two of my favorite passions have always been motivational seminars and self-help books; I always feel I can never attend or read enough of them.  

My personal quest has been for the true meaning of success and how to make a difference.  One of my favorite movies is “It’s a Wonderful Life”.     

What I learned this day was what Oprah would call an “Aha! Moment”, “The true measure of success is based on the lives we touch.”   I know that the life I am supposed to touch is my mother’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment